WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT OUR RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE!
- The Ronald McDonald House provides a "home away from home" for families whose children are receiving care at any medical facility in Fargo-Moorhead.
- More than 900 family members stay at our Houses every year. Families come from throughout North & South Dakota, Minnesota and beyond the tri-state region.
- We are able to serve 12 families per night at our two facilities - 1234 N Broadway, Fargo & 31330 18th Ave S, Fargo.
- Families are asked to pay $15 per night. No family is turned away because of an inability to pay. Income is not a criterion for staying at our House; families of all income levels benefit from the caring, supportive atmosphere and services.
- Actual costs to the Ronald McDonald House are more than $85 per room per night.
- The Ronald McDonald House is open 365 days a year and staffed 24 hours a day for the comfort and safety of our guests.
- There are more than 300 Ronald McDonald Houses in more than 30 countries. The first Ronald McDonald House was built in Philadelphia in 1974. Fargo Ronald McDonald House opened in 1982 and recently celebrated its 25th anniversary!
- Ronald McDonald House Charities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed for the purpose of raising funds for and increasing awareness of the Ronald McDonald House in Fargo. A volunteer Board of Directors, committed to the House's mission, ensures effective organizational planning and has oversight responsibilities for the financial operations of the organization.
- In addition to the staff, more than 900 volunteers annually perform an array of needed tasks and services, all of which benefit the families we serve.
- The Ronald McDonald House relies 100% on donations to operate our program to help families in need and we are thankful for the generosity of others who provide in-kind and monetary support. 100% of all donations directly benefit the House in Fargo.
Until the 2013 Ronald McDonald House Ride